Egg-style Salad Sandwich
This really is a fun spin on a classic breakfast, lunch or dinner sandwich my mom used to make for me regularly as a kid.
I always grew up thinking an “egg sandwich” was scrambled eggs on toast with mayonnaise because that’s how she used to make it.
As I got older I realized people were making “egg salad” differently with hard boiled eggs and I thought that was gross even before becoming vegan.
So here’s my version that I know mom, (even though she would still prefer to eat real eggs) would appreciate.
First you’re going to need to make my Simple Scrambled Tofu recipe and set it aside to cool.
For the scrambled tofu full recipe here:
- 12 oz extra firm tofu drained and crumbled⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 3 tbsp vegetable broth⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 tsp onion powder ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 tsp garlic powder ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the rest:
- 1 stalk celery
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2-4 slices of your favorite bread (depending on how many sandwiches you’re making)
- Favorite sandwich toppings like lettuce, tomato, avocado etc.
- First you’re going to need to make my simple scrambled tofu recipe here and set that aside.
- Toss 1/4 cup of your favorite Vegan Mayonnaise, I used follow your heart Veganaise, simple scrambled tofu, and chopped celery into a mixing bowl until well combined.
- Toast your favorite whole grain or gluten free toast and top it with scrambled tofu salad and dress it up with your favorite garnishes, example sliced tomatoes, avocado, and lettuce are my favorites.